We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Fancy writing a book review for PC Advisor?

Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Hello Team Forum. It's been a while since we did any reader book reviews, and I wondered two things:

1. Is there any general interest in getting the process running again and me seeing what IT books I can blag?

2. Would anyone like to review this specific book:

iPad for the Older and Wiser: Get Up and Running with Your iPad or iPad mini

The more eagle-eyed amongst you will note that it is co-authored by Rosemary Hattersley, long-time associate editor of PC Advisor and friend of the forum. Rosie has managed to source a few copies which the publisher is happy to give away to potential PCA reviewers.

Let me know on both counts. We'd operate on the same deal as before - you get the book in return for a review. But you can fire over the reviews to me via email and I will use my laser editor eyes to get them into shape and edit them.

Let me know!

Matt

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I don't see how one can judge a book for a iPad, If he does not Have a iPad To Check it by. From a 77 year old

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

woodchip

Your perception does you credit - I assume you'll not be wanting us to add your name to the list for this one.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

FE don't think so

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Having just bought an iPad, I would have a go - ,but maybe , if available, Woolwell is an "expert"??

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

My friend, who is not 'up to speed' with his newly acquired IPad2 ... but has to use it, ['cos he's a member of the Local Housing Comittee and they've all got to use IT wether they liked it or not] ... might be interested in learning more about his Ipad2 ... we meet usually, once a fortnight, at his communal washing machine area for an hour or so.

I would [have to] be the 'go-between' in this arrangement, for optimum elucidation of the printed word, but my friend would be the sole enacter of the 10" DEVICE.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

I'm not an expert. I've had an iPad 2 for 2 years. Have learnt the hard way sometimes through mistakes like completely wiping an SD card attached to the iPad (thank goodness for Recuva)!

How do I apply? I'm an OAP but not sure about the wiser bit.

I've only got Siri on my iPhone. Don't see a section on adding documents to Pages or Numbers and that could be helpful.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Is there anything in the book about connecting an iPad to a TV? A friend of mine (similar age) didn't know about this and has now discovered how easy it is to show photos.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Woolwell, Isn't just the same as any other computer, an HDMI to HDMI cable that does it all automatically?

As for the book reviewing I regret that I'm neither old nor wise enough...

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Quickbeam - You have to buy an adaptor which allows you to connect the charger too. There's only the one connection on the bottom of the iPad and unless you have gone to the Apple site you will not know about the adaptor as there isn't anything in the manual.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Woolwell

"How do I apply?"

Send an email to [email protected]

Telling him you would like to review the book.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK