We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

bbc documentary last night on TPB

theDarkness

Likes # 0

I dont know how long this questionable subject will last in this forum, but I thought TPB bbc documentary was a good personal insight into the young founders lives and to an extent our current technology.

Its somewhat ironic that their supporters along with the bbc and other notable entertainment companies helped financially in its development. Whilst I can understand the founders want of a way of sharing information for free, one that could educate in theory, its too bad that the majority want to use it for entertainment-calling it TPB probably didnt help their court case, as the public would surely assume its not meant for anything else. Perhaps this case showed the anger of an industry not adapting to digital technology for selling media fast enough.

According to this documentary millions are seemingly downloading via their internet devices every second. Some schoolchildren have internet enabled mobile phones these days, and who knows what the future will bring relating to home internet usage if internet speeds increase massively in the coming years. Punishing the founders that no longer run the site on their own seems to have done nothing to bring it down. How can you stop a network run in multiple countries? Perhaps our entertainment companies will have shares one day in these websites.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: 30 September marked for unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014