We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Are We Really That Stupid?

fourm member

Likes # 0

The 4G spectrum auction produced just over £1bn less than the OBR forecast in December 2012.

Journalists have been asking the Treasury whether this will mean a change in spending plans.

What?

The government spending plans for 2012/3 totalled £683bn. You'd have to be pretty daft to think that a £1bn variation between forecast and actual would cause a re-assessment.

So, are journalists convinced that we are that stupid? Or, is this seen as a chance for more stories about 'no Plan B'?

The actual tax take has undershot the budget by much more than £1bn so why is this even a story?

Like this post
oresome

Likes # 0

When I saw the thread title, I thought it was a reference to the jury members in the Vicky Price trial.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Makes me think How ever did we survive to this day, without mobile phones either stuck to our hears or texting foreign Language text

Like this post
beeuuem

Likes # 0

oresome Me too!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

O2 to sell exclusive red HTC One M8

IDG UK Sites

iTunes 12 release date & rumours: When is iTunes 12 coming out?

IDG UK Sites

Welcome to the upgrade cycle - you'll never leave

IDG UK Sites

Why smartphone screens are getting bigger