We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Crime Prevention

Pine Man
Resolved

Likes # 0

Thought I heard someone in my bathroom last night. Just in case it was a burglar I shot a few bullets through the door ;-)

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

It isn't as case of being a pantomime, because anyone knowing South Africa and some of the neighbouring states would know that is how the law works. Detective Botha and two of his colleagues were apparently accused of shooting at a bus (term bus in SA can mean different to the UK), and the case was then dropped, 'due to lack of evidence'.

Security rules are very different in that part of the world, and some other so called civilised countries, and have no or very little comparison to those of the UK. Its possible and perhaps necessary that some people want to realise this, before comparing the laws or rules of the UK to those elsewhere!.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Thought I heard someone in my bathroom last night. Just in case it was a burglar I shot a few bullets through the door ;-) A trifle hasty in my opinion, I don't use this appoach at home, I try knocking on the door and asking who it is.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Another point here. What would a burglar be doing in a bathroom apart from the obvious. Would he not be in rooms with more valuable pickings.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Are we talking, here, about a "Bathroom", e.g. a room with a shower, bath, basin and toilet.

Or are we talking about a room, 6' by 8' with a toilet at the far end?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

wee eddie

According to the media house plans that I have seen (Sun 21/02/2013). The 'bathroom' consists of bath in one corner (with open window nearby), and at the opposite end, a curtained or doored section containing a toilet (this is where the death occured) . There is a separate 'shower' room and separate 'storage' area, then bedroom, on the same level hose plan.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Correction: 'hose plan'= house plan

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Well, bail has been granted, whatever you think about it.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch R video review: The most desirable Android Wear smartwatch

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming th)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad