We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Richard Briers has died

Al94

Likes # 0

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I suppose all you can say is he had a good life.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Jock1e

"I suppose all you can say is he had a good life."

Well, you might also say that he was awarded the OBE and the CBE for his work, and that he had a very successful comedy career spanning half a century.

Apart from 'The good life' he starred in a range of hit TV series, including 'Marriage Lines','Ever decreasing circles', and 'Monarch of the Glen'.

He was a member of Kenneth Branagh's Renaissance Theatre Company, and played many Shakespearean roles. He was also in three of Branagh's films. he was the voice of 'Fiver' the rabbit in the film 'Watership Down', did various voice overs for commercials, and was the Narrator for the childrens TV series of the Noddy stories.

In the end emphysema got him - he reckoned he had smoked over half a million cigarettes by the time he stopped, in 2003.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 1

But for all that, he was best remembered for his naration in Roobarb and Custard.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The sponsored ad "Find Richard Briers Dead" below this thread, is somewhat distasteful.

RIP Richard.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

I liked to watch the Good Life, it sounds like it was Emphysema through smoking all is life that killed him

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

"The sponsored ad "Find Richard Briers Dead" below this thread, is somewhat distasteful."

I don't know which ad you saw, but it will have linked to this news story - what's distasteful about that?

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

This is what's distasteful

Richard Briers Dead? Search 25,000+ Shops on SupaPrice™: Find Richard Briers Dead Now! richard-briers-dead.supaprice.co.uk/

link takes you here

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Al94

Thank you. I haven't seen the ad, but you and Aitchbee are right - it's in bad taste. I'll get it stopped asap.

Like this post
Matt Egan

Likes # 0

Those ads

Are contextual Google ads, over which we have no control. All we can do is ask that Google excludes the advertisers - in this case Ask.com and supaprice - from advertising on our site. We will of course do that, but they might not disappear for a day or so.

Why such services would want to advertise in such a tasteless way is beyond me. It's pathetic.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The speed at which this complaint has been dealt with with is a credit to the memory of Briars' Martin character.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

8 cheapest 4G smartphones in the UK 2014: Best budget 4G phones

IDG UK Sites

Apple MacBook Air lab tests and benchmarks: 11-inch & 13-inch, 256GB, 2014 Mac laptops tested

IDG UK Sites

How to prank people using Google Glass

IDG UK Sites

Brian Cox to step into will.i.am's shoes with IBC keynote