We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Has anyone Sean Connerys phone number

Algerian peter ™
Resolved

Likes # 0

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

fourm member

As has been seen many times before on this forum, your wriggling/misrepresentation knows few bounds!

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

fourm member

Firstly, I seriously think you should get a life! Really, have you nothing more constructive to do?

Then, I think you must be very wise to trawl back through all my superb posts!!!

But in almost all those posts I see I have prefaced things with "I think...", "could be...", "in my view" etc etc - expressing opinions surely hardly falls into your 'blind faith' category. Then again..........(:-0)

If that is the case then almost all members on this forum are guilty of the same. Grow up, man.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

spider9

Possibly, you have a different understanding of the term 'blind faith'. I used it in the sense of someone continuing to put forward the same opinion when reality has shown that opinion to be misplaced.

Maybe, it is the term 'blind' that has provoked you. Will you agree that you have faith in your opinion?

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

A usefull working definition of a fanatic (some may even say zealot) is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject.

WTM

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

fourm member

I express opinions, but as they are just that - and others may have diametrically opposed ones - so 'faith' can hardly be a word used about such opinions. Blind faith, to me , means having complete faith in something, regardless (belief in a God being an example, for some people).

It has been demonstrated regularly, on here, that you appear to have blind faith in all your own pronouncements.

But I was simply giving opinions and possibilities as I see them, how you get 'blind faith' from that still defeats me. AMEN.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

spider9

'how you get 'blind faith' from that still defeats me.'

Simply that I expect, when someone expresses an opinion, that they believe that opinion to have value. Belief=faith.

I'm struggling with something of a paradox. If you don't have belief(faith) in your own opinions, why do you become so rude and aggressive when they are challenged?

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

fourm member

As a final comment I will simply say you accusing anyone on here of being 'rude and aggressive' is ridiculous - you are the prime offender. I fail to see where the aggression comes into it......

In this thread I had specifically responded to morddwyd, and you came in with *" You are certainly to be admired for your continued blind faith"*, which, I would suggest, had overtones of sarcasm and rudeness.

I have tried to not respond to you, as I know where it inevitably leads, so this is my final word

Like this post  
Algerian peter ™

Likes # 0

spider9

I have tried to not respond to you, as I know where it inevitably leads, so this is my final word

So I will close this thread with a tick and try and find something else to wind the wizard up with. ;-)

Graham*

Yes I know how to do it but prefer not to use javascript on this site

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

WTM

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nokia branding killed in place of 'Microsoft Lumia': Windows Phone moves into new era

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should you update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8? iOS 8.1 brings back Camera Roll, adds Apple Pay in...