We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Has anyone Sean Connerys phone number

Algerian peter ™
Resolved

Likes # 0

Like this post
Graham*

Likes # 0

A simple click here is better

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

He could be back.

Somehow, I don't think he will be!

Like this post
mole1944

Likes # 0

my mobile phone number ends in 008,so if he's busy i'm next in line,and look ant my moniker,says it all ????

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

'Scottish nationalists are preparing to form a secret intelligence service'

The government of an independent country would be expected to have an intelligence service.

The way the Mail has written it makes it sound as though the SNP plans to spy on people; presumably those who don't support it.

It's all theoretical, of course. Latest poll shows 'increase in support for independent Scotland'. But that only lifts it to a 'whopping' 34% and 'support for independence is behind where it was a year ago'

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Graham

Due to problems with this site many of us have to switch off Javascript to make it usable.

A consequence is the inability to use anything other than the cutting and pasting of links.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

It was also most interesting to see that Nicola Sturgeon was rated higher than Darling (though, I suppose, anyone could rate higher than Brown's chancellor!!).

But Darling is leading the NO campaign, which is not a great omen for them.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

This is old news. Nicola Sturgeon gave this evidence to a Parliamentary committee last week and it was widely reported, by the BBC and others.

As fm says, this is pie in the sky anyway.

Another Daily Mail mare's nest.

What intrigues me is the petty mindedness of the UK Government.

"Home Secretary Theresa May said that if Scotland were to become a separate state it would not be guaranteed to have access to intelligence on terrorism and organised crime from the UK.

She warned that as a new country, Scotland would have to gain trust before it could expect to share sensitive information."

So on the day before independence all the politicians, police chiefs and civil servants in Scotland have normal access to the security information available in the UK, but on day one all of these people suddenly become untrustworthy.

Withdraw the facility by all means, after all, the UK Government is paying for the information to be gathered, but don't say it has been withdrawn because Scotland has suddenly become untrustworthy.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

"Scotland would have to gain trust before it could expect to share sensitive information"

One must be careful of sensitive information getting into the rebel Jacobite camp. The English army will be quite vulnerable to insurgent action until the Scottish regiments are frogmarched safely north and the wall is rebuilt.

Should I order my new Old Union Flag yet...?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Berwick upon Tweed must be about due for a nationality change again.

Brumas is in for some sleepless worrying nights as they're wanting the whole of Northumberland to boot!

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

The nationality of Berwick may be in the news, again, but this time for a good reason. Scotrail has a discount card for over 55s that used to be valid throughout Scotland and for travel from Berwick-upon-Tweed.

It has just announced that this will no longer be the case and many people in the Borders for whom Berwick is the closest station are unhappy about it.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

iPhone buying advice: Should I buy an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, or iPhone 5c, or wait for7......