We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Kia Picanto City car

exdragon
Resolved

Likes # 1

Still considering a new small car - I don't suppose anyone has one of these? It looks very inviting, but I'm looking for user reviews rather than the Kia website details before I have a test drive.

Sorry.Bing.alau - can't stretch to an up!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

exdragon. This is a very good forum for owners of VW up!'s like me. Have a look at it and you may find a link to a forum for your model of Kia Picanto. Some of the points discussed probably apply to your model anyway.

http://www.upownersclub.co.uk/forum/newforumtopics.html

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Sorry if that link didn't work. But you will probably find a suitable forum if you google for one.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...and the Kia forum.

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Thanks, chaps, I'd spotted the Kia one. Yet another login/password/security question etc to remember, I suppose!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Quickbeam, exdragon. That is the up! forum that I use. It amazes me some of the things people get up to in order to improve or alter the looks of their particular vehicle. But it is a good forum for technical problems if and when they arrive. The only thing I have altered in mine is an upgrade of headlight bulbs, not strictly necessary as the lights were good. But I like plenty of light and so looked for advice on this forum. Then took it.

Must have a nose at the Kia forum now.

Like this post
HootieOwl

Likes # 0

Thanks exdragon, I'll hopefully be ordering mine in the next month or so. Happy motoring, you will have to let us know how your car is when you get it, not long to wait now....

Like this post
HootieOwl

Likes # 0

Thanks exdragon, I'll hopefully be ordering mine in the next month or so. Happy motoring, you will have to let us know how your car is when you get it, not long to wait now....

Like this post
exdragon

Likes # 0

Got the car on Monday night - so far, it's lovely! Haven't had a chance to try it out on the motorway yet, but it's very comfortable and easy to drive on the short trips I've done. Now I'm just paranoid in case anything damages it. I fear I may become one of those drivers who straddles the white lines instead of parking neatly between them.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

exdragon. When parking in supermarkets, get as far away from the entrance/exit as possible. There's usually plenty of space further away. For some reason the people in a hurry always park near the entrances/exits. Then they leap in, not caring about anybody else's vehicle. The extra little walk is good exercise and you will be pushing a trolley probably so no weight to carry. O.K. it may take a few minutes more, but it is worth it to save the bumps and scuffs from other people's trolleys and car doors etc. I'm lucky as I have an invalidity pass and normally get more room nearer the doors, but if there's none vacant I get over in to the corner and walk. It's not as if it were a mile or so to the entrance is it?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

3 of the best portable chargers: a solar power charger, a hand-cranked charger, and how to charge...

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

Sharknado 2 VFX: how The Asylum created CG flying man-eating sharks