We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Meteor debris falls in Russia

Grey Goo

Likes # 0

The remains of an object has fallen on Russia. There are several clips taken by traffic cameras and those with phones showing the brightness as it burned up. This is a little appetiser for the main event tonight when a largish Asteroid will make a very near miss to Earth at about 19.30 our time.I hope the trajectory has not been calculated by Michael Fish.view here

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Lets be thankful they didn't think they were under attack and launch a retaliatory strike.

I believe from the BBC news report at 11am that buildings were damaged it five cities.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

There's a good chance to observe it's fly-past, as there's a good chance of clear skies tonight ... but you will need binoculars or very keen eyesight to see the 'Olympic swimming-pool-sized' asteroid skim past [us].

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

Must be a sign of the new Pope coming from Russia.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Where's Bruce Willis when you need him...?

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

I can't claim credit for this but there were calls, this morning, for Bruce Willis to be sent into space...

...so he can't make any more 'Die Hard' films.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

fourm member

Sounds like you might possibly have appreciated the way Brucie was handled by "Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe" last night on BBC2.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Bruce must be too busy on this other celestial moonlight job.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... the BBC link uses a puny 1930's house for size comparison ... what happened to the Olympic swimming pool? Standards are slipping, I fear.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Good job it didn't happen fifty or so years ago, when detection and identification methods were less sophisticated.

Imagine if it had happened in the middle of the Cuban missile crisis!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Maybe it will be shown on TV tomorrow morning.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

LG G Watch review: Android Wear smartwatch is the best around, so far

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...