We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC advisor forums speed

namtas

Likes # 0

As has been commented on occasions I find that the overall pace of PC Advisor is much slower that most other site which I visit, this is not n earth shattering problem never the less it is noticeable and it does distract the user This became so obvious that I took to trying to find where the problem might be and without much effort I discovered that access was being held back on every click by a programme called scorecardresearch.com. And it was continually sending a message 'waiting for scorecardresearech.com'
A check on scorecardreasearch.com describes it as a tool for market research data to website owners through a mixture of on-line surveys and the use of web beacons. Nothing really unexpected there, however some go so far to describe this programme as a bug or even a virus I wonder if anyone else has noticed this and should we be concerned?

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

This subject as been done to death, and its just a case of excepting what you get, if you want to participate or contribute to/with this forum.

To me, and I would make it very clear from the start, that I am not a website builder, or know much about website building in general. But there is obviously a problem, possibly due from outside sources more than anything, that this website as its constant delay problems, which other regular used websites do not.

This is the only website, that I get error messages, informing me that the matter as been reported to the webmaster, and should I wish, I can send a further report. Yet when I have done, nothing as changed, or appears not to have.

Like this post
Algerian peter ™

Likes # 0

Agree with spuds

If you want to see page loading times with different browsers and what is loading

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/hmJijzQ5d/www.pcadvisor.co.uk

This test came back with a 17.33 sec load time.

check out the tabs for further info.

Like this post
Algerian peter ™

Likes # 0

Just as a comparison

a utube video site on same computer with same browser

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/#!/G1iI7O7Zl/http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXIR-Pq8mtE

299ms

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

While I agree with Spuds, I also think that the solution is in the hands of PCA's Marketing Department.

The Site itself is frequently visible quite quickly. However, because of the size of some of the Advertising Files, the Site is not accessible for a considerable length of time.

Unfortunately the geeks at the Advertising Agency have never had to use anything other than a Fast connection with plenty of bandwidth.

Whereas many of us have to live with slow connections and Contention issues so very small band width.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

Only Problem I have is Java Script, I turn this of, and only turn it on if I want to post a lnk using the Task bar above post box

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I 'get by' on dial-up ... with or without 'javascript'... no problems about 'speed' either, in recent weeks.

Like this post
D@ve

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

Dialup?! I forgot that existed still! I assume you don't use that out of choice?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

D@ve

You assume wrong, I like to buck the trend.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

How does one temporarily switch off Java script? I looked in msconfig (W7) and it was in the start menu but I could not see it in services.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

john bunyan

In the Browser Option , if you use different Browsers you have to do it in each browser

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Windows 9 beta leaked ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

How a London VFX studio is ditching desktop workstations for cloud-based creative power

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 tips & tricks: Get to know iOS 8's handy new features