We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

PC advisor forums speed

namtas

Likes # 0

As has been commented on occasions I find that the overall pace of PC Advisor is much slower that most other site which I visit, this is not n earth shattering problem never the less it is noticeable and it does distract the user This became so obvious that I took to trying to find where the problem might be and without much effort I discovered that access was being held back on every click by a programme called scorecardresearch.com. And it was continually sending a message 'waiting for scorecardresearech.com'
A check on scorecardreasearch.com describes it as a tool for market research data to website owners through a mixture of on-line surveys and the use of web beacons. Nothing really unexpected there, however some go so far to describe this programme as a bug or even a virus I wonder if anyone else has noticed this and should we be concerned?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

PS Java and Java Script are two different things. They are used different

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund