We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Greetings

Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

Xin Nian Kuai Le. :)

Gong Hei Fard Choy. :)

Xing Ni Ju Yi. :)

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

flycatcher1

"On the Star Ferry, second class best trip in the world"

Always the upper deck for me, only $0:50 more, and worth it. I was once on the last ferry back to Central before a typhoon swept through - a memorable experience, to put it mildly.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Many memories of Hong Kong and also Singapore have been brought back by this thread. I was fortunate to meet a Chinese speaking Australian in Hong Kong in the mid 70's who took me around Hong Kong and the New Territories and introduced me to their cooking.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

FE. I knew that you were rich. More life on the lower deck and quicker exit.

In the sixties three of us went to the Gents in HK Station. Two of us were greeted by an attendant with Good Morning towels etc. the younger chap, much to his disgust, was directed to the very basic "Young Man" area.

He had his revenge when, many years later, he became my Boss. Never be unkind to anyone on the way up because you may meet them on the way down!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

flycatcher1

I'm not rich, but I'm a keen photographer. The upper deck became a habit. If you want photographs of Central, and the harbour in all its moods I'm your man.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Chronos, your Chinese is better than Lotvics. Your post (dwhiteley)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...