We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What a really heavy right foot could cost you

TopCat®
Resolved

Likes # 0

if you smash up a McLaren F1 supercar that is. Mr Bean (Rowan Atkinson) will find his premiums soaring after a UK record payout by his insurers. story here

As far as I'm concerned, I think he's very lucky to get offered car insurance again on this vehicle after two crashes in this powerful car. What say you? TC.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

If his insurers are stupid enough to cover him again, even for £60,000 p.a. and even with a compulsory excess of 50% of the car's value, it's no wonder our insurance cover is spiralling ever upwards.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Maybe it's the left foot that's to blame.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I remember an old TV advert, in which Rowan managed to get blood out of a stone.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Was he using his left or right foot to kick the stone?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I think he used 'auto' suggestion ...

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

SillBill

Those numbers you're quoting are just an 'expert' opinion obtained by the Mail.

Actually, there's nothing in the story to say he has found someone to insure it at all.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Well if he's off the road, we can all feel safer!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

The car was worth £3m, was fully insured, and cost £910,000 to repair. Why the insurance company would take "nearly eight months" to consider the claim is beyond me. I'm sure Mr Atkinson was already paying a hefty premium anyway. He might be better off looking for another insurance company.

Like this post
WhiteTruckMan

Likes # 0

Too much car, too little driver.

Sadly an all too common phenomena on the roads.

WTM

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

rdave13

He didn't pay anywhere near £3m for it and it was probably insured for about £600,000 so he was jolly lucky that they didn't just write it off and give him a cheque for half the insured value, but then, of course, he could well afford to pay for the repairs himself, couldn't he?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

How to watch the Windows 9 launch event: no live video stream so catch our Windows 9 launch live...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK