We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is York Minster a Catholic church?

Kev.Ifty

Likes # 0

Richard the third was a Catholic wasnt he?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

SillBill Love it:)

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

As I said in the car park thread, it should be a fully authentic Catholic medieval ceremony in Latin and all.

When it's done it will be a piece of living history that we're never likely to see again. It will raise lots of money in Leicester, create a lucrative tourist market for Leicester in the future. In should be a splendid citywide medieval pageant with juggling jesters and hot pie men and with the local rogues in the stocks. A day full of medieval colour and fun for all the family!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

Leicester already have the things you mention, but most of it is kept from outsiders!.

I am not sure now, but at one stage the tourist information for Leicester was from a call centre in Cornwall or Devon. Many mistakes were made, including asking an adviser to look out of the window to see if it was raining in Leicester at that moment in time :O(

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

From fm's link on the first page:

"The Minster's intervention came just hours after the leader of Scarborough Borough Council, Tom Fox, said Leicester could not be trusted to look after Richard III's remains.

"To be perfectly blunt, the people of Leicester misplaced him for more than 500 years," he said.

"Would we really wish to entrust his remains to them again? I think not.""

Sour grapes...?!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Leicester didn't misplaced them, the council just put them under a car park for safe keeping. If you want to blame anyone, think of Herrick the Lord Mayor of Leicester who built a mansion over the grave, and even put a 3'00" stone pillar to indicate the spot!.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

"... It should be a splendid citywide medieval pageant with juggling jesters and hot pie men and with the local rogues in the stocks. "

Can I bring along some rotten eggs 'n' tomatoes?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

...only if you want to be accused of breaching the "rogues" Human Rights!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

SillBill ... I would willingly allow my eyes to be blind-folded [and 'twirled' 720 degrees] before taking aim.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

720, that's cheating!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

A twirl anticlockwise for 360 degrees, then a twirl clockwise for 360 degrees would make it fair.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days