We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

No way to open an anonymous poll?

SillBill
Resolved

Likes # 0

I can't see any way of opening a poll, and since it may well be sensitive there is not much point in asking how old most most contributors are here in a regular thread. Maybe it has been done before?

Like this post
passing through

Likes # 0

From postings read in the last couple of months. I would think the vast majority of regular posters to the Speakers Corner section are 60+

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

I tend to agree, but I'd make that 60++

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

You are probably as old as you feel and probably look older than you are.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Jock1e how very true!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Who's interested?

Either the forum is interesting or it isn't.

If it's not you go and find one that is, if it is, then what does it matter how old people are?

I've seen some of these forums where every man and his brother (it's nearly always males) starts up some inane poll on some totally pointless subject.

God preserve me!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

The human frailties of old age disappear, as if by magic, when one is fast asleep. It works for all ages, I suppose.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

I wonder how many Victor Meldrews there are in this Forum.

Got to hold my hands up as being one.

Like this post
marvin42

Likes # 0

Age is a matter of mind - if you don't mind, it doesn't matter.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I don't think we need to ask people how old they are - it isn't relevant as far as we're concerned.

Let's just get on with what we do best.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I think it shows in the type of music we say we prefer. Aitchbee is ageless. Not many of us remember Tiny Tim and his tiptoeing through the tulips. I of course, can remember Issy Bonn and a few other pre-WW2 artistes. But have no recollections of the music from 1965 onwards. Apart from my line dancing music that is.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Sony Xperia Z3 comparison: Lollipop phablet takes on KitKat flagship smartphone

IDG UK Sites

Why people aren't upgrading to iOS 8: new features are for power users, not the average Joe

IDG UK Sites

Free rocket & space sounds: NASA launches archive of interstellar audio on SoundCloud

IDG UK Sites

iPad Air 2 review: Insanely fast and alarmingly thin. Speed tests, camera tests, beautiful...