We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

What Do They Hope To Gain By Getting Married?

Bing.alau
Resolved

Likes # 0

Is there any monetary gain when homosexuals obtain the right to get married? Or is there some other gains that I know nothing about? In other words why do they want it so badly? Surely they should be content with things as they are now?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I still haven't found out what advantage there is with being married, or in a civil partnership? There can't be a big difference. That's why I think maybe it is money.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

woodchip

'No matter what they call it it does not change what it is'

And what is it?

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

'That's why I think maybe it is money.'

And when Mary & Tom decide to marry or Joan and Arthur do you think that is also about money?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Well, it might involve the "Child Allowance".

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Woolwell

'May we not disagree with your opinion that people opposed to same-sex marriage are out of touch with reality?'

It is an opinion; of course, you may disagree with it.

As for being a bigot, if I said that because I know there is no god no-one should be allowed to go to church then I would be as bigotted as someone saying because I don't like homosexuals equal marriage should not exist.

Those who wish are perfectly welcome to spend their time in church. It is nothing to do with me.

All anyone wants is for people to say the same thing about equal marriage.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Woolwell

"I would prefer to live in a world where there isn’t religious intolerance which seems to have been expressed in that post."

I wasn't expressing religious intolerance, I was exercising my right to criticise a church's hypocrisy, which isn't the same thing. The religion is Christianity,and I haven't shown intolerance for that at all.

Like this post
passing through

Likes # 0

If or when it becomes law. Will it apply to the Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Sikh Buddhist or any other religions in the United Kingdom.

Or will they have special dispensation to opt out.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

fourm member - There is a difference between not liking homosexuals and disagreeing to same-sex marriage. You may well respect and like homosexuals but at the same time disagree about marriage. The problem that I have being trying to point out is that people are in danger of being tarred with the same brush ie being called bigots or homophobic just because they may voice an opinion to the contrary. There is also a danger, that in spite of what the act might say, that people will taken to court because they are unwilling to conduct this type of marriage.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

On a lighter note, it means a Big Cake, a Party and Presents and if lucky also a 2 week holiday in the Sun.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

lotvic

If we are going into the trivial and as you have capitalised it On a lighter note, it means a Big Cake, a Party and Presents and if lucky also a 2 week holiday in the Sun.

Or the Daily Mail, The Guardian or maybe the STAR!

But this is a serious issue and I for one am enjoying the ongoing debate. It is the legal ramifications that I have yet to see a solution to and perhaps won't until the first court case comes to light.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPad mini 3 vs iPad mini 2 comparison: New iPad mini 3 isn't worth £80 more

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...