We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Badly coded Adverts causing PCA's problems

wee eddie

Likes # 0

I have been having "Long Running Script" Problems for a while and have been blaming FE and his mignons for the Problem.

However, over the last 3 days I have been watching the Site loading carefully and have concluded that this problem is actually caused by sloppy coding among the Advertising Community.

What think the rest of you?

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

I agree but what is it with PCA that it seems to go out of its way in allowing intrusive ads. The latest being the one that slowly appears offering a survey.On what I have no idea.

Like this post
BRYNIT

Likes # 0

I can not say if the problem is coding as I've know idea how the coding works. I have however found that the adverts are slowing this site to the extent that the site did not always load. To confuse things I found some words highlighted in red were in fact adverts and not a link to supply a helpful hints.

After a few days of the site being impossible to load I eventually found the main culprits and disabled Powerlink.com and akamaihd.net with an add blocker allowing the site to load without problems until something else happens.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

Not sure about sloppy coding, because I do not understand these 'internet coding' and website things.

The only thing I have realised, is from the time of the new website and increase in advertising, the 'waiting for' or server seems to be the main culprit's, so as you say, possibly sloppy coding somewhere?.

I never get this with other websites I use on a daily basis, so I put it all down to a learning curve of possibilities?.

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

This what I have been saying for years, plus cookie reading is part of the problem

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features