We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Richard III's remains: Leicester car park dug up

Jock1e

Likes # 0

It has been reported that the Bones dug up in Leicester car park were that of King Richard the 3rd.

I believe there is a program on tonight at 9Pm all about the dig so that should be interesting.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

This has absolutely no relevance to me or mine, but I found myself with a totally irrational feeling of satisfaction and pleasure at this news.

It's truly said that folks are queer.

Perhaps he is one of my ancestors!

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

mordswyd

not very likely or they'd have asked you for a DNA sample!

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Why all the fuss about where to put these bones?

They are only bones and it doesn't make any difference to him or his mourners - but it will maybe be a great excuse to give them an extravagant 'suitable' re-burial (at the taxpayers expense of course!).

Ridiculous!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Wait for the inevitable RIII cafes, antique shops, and anything you can think of.

If the bones are intered in Leicester, it will pull in tourists to the Cathedral.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... and anything you can think of ... look out for Richard III's 'My Little Horsie' next Christmas.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

If they can dig up Quasi-Modo they can put on a double act.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I wonder which cathedral they would use? Leicester or Notre Dame?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

Ricky 3's spine was curved sideways according to the report on TV.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

They could do a bit of a side shoe shuffle carrying large bells and singing a merry dirge.

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

I hear on the news this evening that Leicester has already plans in place for the re-interment in a years time. Wonder when Westminster Abbey or York Minster will intervene, purely from a historical point of view you understand, nothing to do with the lucrative tourist market.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 review: Hands on with the iOS 8 beta

IDG UK Sites

Thinking robots: The philosophy of artificial intelligence and evolving technology

IDG UK Sites

How to shoot a robot rom-com in three days