We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hot bed for Racism

finerty

Likes # 0

Hot bed for Racism

When i was visiting for a whiled in 2007 things were great during the day. Come evening time and it was a very much different story.

I was called many names even though my parents are mixed.

Sad this place hasn't changed its ways

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

Thats Scotland for you. They really don't like the English.

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

Scotland?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Kevscar1

Wake up! Bingham is in Nottinghamshire.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

There is also a Bingham in Edinburgh.

Like this post
spider9

Likes # 0

Chronus "There is also a Bingham in Edinburgh"

The clue would appear to be in line five of the linked report

"...moved out of their home in Bingham, Nottinghamshire"

-hardly confusing, is it?

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

As an Englishman who has lived in Scotland for the past 33 years.

I can report that among White Collar Workers I have experienced no Racism and among Blue Collar Workers, I have experienced only very occasional Racist remarks, and from the female of the species, never a hint.

However among the drunken louts that I take home from the Pubs and Clubs, frequently supporters of one or other of the two major Glaswegian Football Clubs, I experience regular, and frequently hurtful, Racist comments.

These boys appear to be only marginally literate and have very few of the social graces usually exhibited elsewhere in society, I cannot imagine them being employed in any position that involved contact with the General Public.

I am only glad that I am not Colored or of any other visible racial stereotype. They must have a really hard time of it.

Like this post
Chronos the 2nd

Likes # 0

spider9

I was only making a point that there was also a Biingham in Edinburgh.Nothing more.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

wee eddie, said - However among the drunken louts that I take home from the Pubs and Clubs, frequently supporters of one or other of the two major Glaswegian Football Clubs, I experience regular, and frequently hurtful, Racist comments.

As a Glaswegian, I can honestly say there is a truth in what wee eddie says, but the demotion of the famous Glasgow Rangers has reduced / diffused the biototry and 'bad-mouthing' that nobody wants.

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Aitchbee: In many of the villages round here, the Union Jack still flies and the rhetoric hasn't changed one iota

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

biototry should be bigotry .... keyboard is laggy ;o{

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...