We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Britain's Greatest Battles

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The National Army Museum is holding a poll for what we think is Britain's Greatest Battle

I can't for the life of me think why some of the battles which history ranks as amongst The British Army's greatest disasters are in the running.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Wrong opening link above, please click here.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Damn! There is a home page to the poll, but I keep getting specific battle accounts linked for some reason.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Like this post
michaelw

Likes # 1

Looks like you're fighting a losing battle ;0)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

My favourite battle was "Waterloo ... when Napolean did surrender!" and ABBA won the the most votes in 1974 ;o]

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'm for Michael Caine to get the most votes, thousands of 'em!

Like this post
kad60

Likes # 0

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That's an interesting link that kad60.

The two world wars are a bit sparsely catered for though. Is it still under construction?

Now I'm going to have to rack around in the attic for an old pre-war book of my dads that has all the Great war trench positions with London street names that I haven't looked through for... 30 years or more.

So what is a great battle anyway? In my mind it's a resounding success with the scent of complete victory won, or to be soon won by way of dictating how the war is then controlled to an end.

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Shame it is limited to last 400 years as this rules out Agincourt.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs UK: Is this the actual Note 4 - video

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

How Ford designs next-generation cars at its Melbourne Design Centre

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, rumours, video, UK price & images: iPhone launch event confirmed for 9...