We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Six Nations 2013

Quickbeam
Resolved

Likes # 0

How come Wales arrived half an hour late for their home game...?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

You can kick a drop goal in that situation, that's how Wilko snatched the world cup from Australia when they thought that they had it in the bag!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Quickbeam. I meant, does the player have to catch the ball first or can he just boot it before it lands, or even after it bounces? Or does he have to catch the ball first before he can boot it forward and over the H?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Reading the rules it seems that you must catch the ball before you can drop kick a goal. But what happens if the ball is kicked forward and it goes between the posts? I should have thought it would be a good goal.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

"Difficult I know because of the shape of the ball. But probably not impossible."

Actually quite easy. That's why they made it difficult by insisting that you can only do it by dropping the ball on the ground and kicking it first bounce.

The kicking is not difficult, but the shape of the ball makes the drop critical, and that is where the skill lies.

Add a couple of prop forwards with their knuckles dragging on the ground, intent on extinguishing life and coolness under pressure becomes more than just a bit of management-speak!

I've dropped a few and been proud of every one, much more than the odd penalty!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'm extremely disappointed with the Irish, why didn't they do what we all wanted them to do with the frogs?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Well that was a hard slog against the Italians wasn't it? We will have to pull up our English socks next week against the Welsh. Or was it perhaps played like that to lull the Welsh in to a false sense of well-being?

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Bingalau

I'm sure it wasn't deliberate but, as the TV commentators said, it might prove a benefit next week because any complacency was knocked out of them by the Italians.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

morddwyd

Did you cheer and rejoice at the win of the "land of your fathers" or be disappointed that your adopted country lost?

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

jb

I was disappointed all round at the absolutely dreadful standard of rugby on show.

Another game won by the team that was caught cheating less times than the other one.

The premier game is a travesty thanks to the ridiculous plethora of penalty offences.

They should take a leaf out of Association Football's book and only allow a kick at goal if the offence stopped a chance of scoring.

Minor or technical offences (remember the ridiculous rule that you were blown offside if you accidentally ran into a member of your own side?) should be dealt with by territorial or possession sanctions.

However, going to the original point of your question, I knew I had been up here too long when I found myself shouting for Glasgow, a place I have only been to two or three times, and don't like (sorry HB!) instead of Cardiff, where I spent all of my formative rugby years, and actually played on the Arms Park!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 release date, price, features. The next version of Windows will run on everything:....

IDG UK Sites

An Apple fan's perspective on the Windows 10 launch

IDG UK Sites

Sensor-laden kids' watch with 3G launches in Japan

IDG UK Sites

2014 Retina iMac release date rumours, specs and features: 27in 5K Retina iMac 'launching this mont'......