We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Six Nations 2013

Quickbeam
Resolved

Likes # 0

How come Wales arrived half an hour late for their home game...?

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Quickbeam - I think you mean that a Grand Slam Winner must win every game ;o)

Trivia: There is no actual trophy for winning The Grand Slam. (I'm pretty sure there isn't one for the wooden spoon but one gets dished out at my local to anyone from that Nation who happens to be available on the day!)

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Speaking of wooden spoon winners, I'm fully supporting France's 2013 campaign!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Now we have the unusual situation whereby only England can win a grand slam, and only France can win a wooden spoon!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

And if the tooth fairy granted me one wish to come true, I really wouldn't know which one to wish for!

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Quickbeam - Sorry to correct you again but Several teams could win the wooden spoon if France win all their remaining fixtures and someone else ends up at the bottom of the table which could happen. It's true that only FRance could be whitewashed though ;0)

It would be ironic if France beat England in the process and Wales won all their games .........

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The true wooden spoon winner must lose ALL of their games.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

We've got two weeks to debate this but provide your evidence!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

You are right, it's me that considers a proper wooden spoon award to be the complete failure in every way, not a mere points loss. Either way I'm looking forward to see if France lose their nerve now that they've lost two games after starting as the pundits favourite. They certainly didn't expect to be in that position after only two weeks and not with those two teams.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

So am I. England must win at Twickenham against France otherwise they may end up going to the Millenium Stadium for their last game as a Championship Play Off. If Wales win their next two games of course! (Italy & Scotland away)

It's wide open in a lot of ways. As has been said before, until the 3rd week it doesn't always unfold.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Why was there no 'six nation' rugby matches yesterday and no action today either? Seems like a window of opportunity wasted/missed, as any cuts 'n' bruises 'n' minor injuries sustained by the 'warriors' will still not have completely healed by next week?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...