We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Identification Longshot and Talking Point 826

Brumas
Resolved

Likes # 0

Good Evening All.

Back inland is about as much as I can say about this.

click here

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

jb. I can't speak for Macscouse, but I was out at an annual dinner last night at RMR Merseyside with the usual supects. They all send you their best regards by the way.

I have walked through those gardens a few times, but many years ago and even so I don't think I would have recognised it. But Macscouse was born and bred in Bootle so he should have spotted it. Maybe he's poorly-sick? Perhaps the LHO and he have decided to splash out on a Friday night out. A sort of big dip in to the bawbee bag...

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Bing.alau could it be to celebrate 'he's the daddy' ;o}}

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

Glad you all missed me. We've been out in Speyside all day, lovely weather, with a touch of snow on the hills. Contrary to what Grandad says, I was not from Bootle, but Walton. I didn't recognise the church, but there again, I left God's Little Acre 50 years ago.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Macscouse. I thought you told me you came from Bootle. This deaf aid is no good at all. maybe it is your family which come from Bootle? I'm also from Walton of course, but we used to go down to this area as kids to cadge gum (any gum Chum?) from the Yanks outside the pubs in Bootle. I think the Yanks had a camp just inside the dock area.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

It is hard to find something that is not there any more and even when we knew it was in Bootle it was almost impossible to find.

Fair play to Woolwell he got stuck in and found it and all credit for his determination to find it.

Macscouse

You were heading North and I was heading South about the same time.

Looks like it was a good move by both of us.

Have to ask,Have you developed a Scotch accent yet.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

OMG!! Scotch is a DRINK.

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

SillBill

I took my degree in Scottish when I was attached to the Black Watch in 1964. I can even understand the Doric!!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Last time I spoke with Macscouse I could not detect any Scottish accent. But then he was sober of course.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I always thought "Doric" was a typeface.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Jock1e - I didn't find it. You did. I only got the general area and only after Bootle was mentioned.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

Apple's 2014 highlights: the most significant Apple news of 2014

IDG UK Sites

2015 creative trends: 20 leading designers & artists reveal the biggest influences & changes coming)......

IDG UK Sites

Ultimate iOS 8 Tips: 35 awesome and advanced tips for using iOS 8 on iPhone and iPad