We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Contract killing in SW Wales

SillBill
Resolved

Likes # 0

In view of today's verdict of guilty on the two alleged heroin-high killers of the schoolboy Aamir Siddiqi, will the person who paid them to murder now also be charged with murder? The police know and have identified the intended victim and they allegedly also know the identity of the man who paid these so-called hitmen, that makes that person, to my way of thinking, just as guilty of murder as the two who will surely be going to prison for a very long time.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Both attackers have been convicted of murder, and sentenced to serve a minimum of 40 years in prison.

The Judge told them "If you die in jail, few will shed a tear and many will say it will be more than deserved"

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Next thing is that they will claim that the judge breached THEIR human rights.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"....they will claim that the judge breached THEIR human rights".

Why would they do that?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Quite simply for money. I'm sure that their lawyers are even now studying the case of William Begg -he of the "Limbs in the Loch" case - whose lawyers got him €6,000 for HIS "Breach of Human Rights" case while he is still serving his sentence for murder. Not only that, they have now launched another appeal in Strasbourg to get that award increased!

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Of course most of the awarded "compensation" €4,000 goes to pay his legal bills (read lawyers)

[Report1

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

I'm not sure I see the relevance of the William Begg case since the judgement in his favour was a result of the very slow appeals process. Since these two men have only just been convicted they can hardly claim their case is the same.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

I wrote " I'm sure that their lawyers are even now studying the case of William Begg" Nowhere did I imply that they would copy the "delayed appeal" tactic.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Then what relevance does the Begg case have at all?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

If you can't see it, it's not my problem.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

All I can see is that you seem to have dragged up an obscure case about a very complex point of law and tried to use it to trot out the old nonsense about criminals not getting punished because of the ECHR.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Top 5 Android tips and tricks for smartphones and tablets

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

BBC using Glasgow 2014 Commonwealth Games to trial 4K/UHD, pan-around video, augmented video and...