We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Local BBC radio on Blackberry Playbook

sunnypete

Likes # 0

Having searched far and wide, including the Tech forum and direct to the Beeb, I thought I might as well come here to the fount of all knowledge. Has anyone who has a Playbook been able to get their local radio station on BBC iPlayer. I get an unsupportd "media format" message when I try to listen live, although iPlayer videos work well. Has anyone found a way to get round this?

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Are you trying to access through the built in Web app

Like this post
Al94

Likes # 0

Works great on Android!

Like this post
sunnypete

Likes # 0

Bremner not sure what you mean by built in web app? A197 playbook is not android os.

Like this post
AroundAgain

Likes # 0

Hi I've just tried to get my local radio station on my Playbook but a search didn't even find it! I then went to the iplayer(radio) website, found the station but, as you say, message to say not supported.

Yes, a nuisance.

Have you tried Crackberry forums - especially for all things Blackberry and Playbook have own forum - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-playbook-tablet-forums-f242/

There are some very experienced folks with Playbooks on there.

Cheers

Like this post
bremner

Likes # 0

Sorry meant web icon.

Like this post
sunnypete

Likes # 0

Hello all, Thanks for replies. I've looked at the Crackberry but most seems related to the phone. The Beeb iPlayer site seems to say that radio iPlayer is limited to iphones and android os, maybe the Playbook os will be covered in the future. In the meantime I shall have to use my laptop which works ok with the radio iPlayer, it would have been convenient to use the Playbook. I did find a freebie app, nobex radio,which, with a bit of fiddling, has produced the main BBC stations, but haven't yet found the local stations.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals: Get bargains on smartphones, tablets, laptops and more

IDG UK Sites

What the Internet of Things will look like in 2015: homes will get smarter, people might get fitter

IDG UK Sites

See how Trunk's animated ad helped Ade Edmondson plug The Car Buying Service

IDG UK Sites

Yosemite tips: Complete Guide to OS X Yosemite