We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Patty Andrews RIP sadly missed

john bunyan
Resolved

Likes # 0

The last of the Andrews sisters has died. I fondly remember them in the late '40's - "Yellow Basket", "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B" etc. I have a few on the iPod.

Boogie Woogie

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Well even if no-one else is, I will join in your mourning, jb.

As ever, thanks for the entertainment to you and your sisters, Miss Andrews; including the other talented performers you inspired.

RIP

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

I always remember them being introduced as "Patty, Maxene and LaVerne"

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

They were absolutely brilliant. These days if you go to a 40's to 50's re-union or reminiscing event, you will find they are much copied. I think they were in a few films. They certainly sang on many a Bing Crosby record.

I was waiting for Aitchbee to stick on a link.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Bing.alau

They recorded 605 songs out of which 113 charted. They also appeared in 18 Films. Not a bad record (pardon the pun).

Like this post  
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

I enjoyed them as well, an old age thing I suppose, I even like Nellie Lutcher.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Flycatcher1

Bet you also like "The Sons of the Pioneers".

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Yes, I remember their old shellac version of that song. Used to play it on a wind up gramophone when we had sharp needles!!! (sons of Pioneers singing "Cool , Clear , Water")

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

Our first Family Record was "In a Monastery Garden" by Albert Katelby (?) played on the organ. Still have it up in the loft.

I prefer my swing/jazz records.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2014 tech deals UK Live: Best Black Friday deals from Apple, Amazon,...

IDG UK Sites

Why are people still buying satnavs? Smartphones are the modern satnav

IDG UK Sites

New Star Wars trailer: Watch the VFX-laden teaser for The Force Awakens

IDG UK Sites

Black Friday 2014 UK: Apple deals, Amazon deals & Black Friday tech offers UPDATED