We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

I failed my British Citizenship Test...

Proclaimer

Likes # 0

No. of Questions: 12 Wrongly Answered: 5 Correctly Answered: 7

http://www.prepareuktest.co.uk/OnlineDemo/

I don't think I can be kicked out though, I was born here. :)

Like this post
sunnypete

Likes # 0

Don't bank on it...I got the same score. Most of the questions seem completely irrelevant ...

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

I passed 10 out of 12! but I had to guess the majority of these LUDICROUS questions.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

I guessed wrong on when women were first elected to Parliament, I confused that answer with first being allowed to vote!

...and who the hell can tell the difference between Indians and Pakistanis?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

9/12 for me, also by logical guess.

What irrelevant twaddle!

How many poorly rated comprehensive shcool white British kids have ever heard of the Huguenots

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Quickbeam,

I dredged the correct answer to that one also by a logical guess!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

SillBill I got that one right on account of having watched Henry of Navarre on DVD over Christmas!

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Try the sample questions in the Guardian. They are quite straightforward.

The ones in Proclaimer's link do seem to be harder. It's lucky that site sells books to help you brush up and pass.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

I watched La Reine Margot some time ago but I'm damned If I can remember any Huguenots or were they the victims of the St Bartholomew's day massacre?

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

9 out of 12!! Like Quickbeam, logical guesses. The fact they have a test for Urdu speakers tickled me. I thought the point was to have applicants with a reasonable standard of English.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Yes, they were the victims of the St Bartholomew's day massacre. The film's quite good but in French with subtitles.

The St Valentines Day massacre in Some Like It Hot is much lighter to take in...

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Microsoft smartwatch release date, price and specs rumours: Launching within a few weeks

IDG UK Sites

Why you shouldn't buy the iPad mini 3: No wonder Apple gave it 10 seconds of stage time

IDG UK Sites

Halloween Photoshop tutorials: 13 masterclasses for horrifying art, designs and type

IDG UK Sites

Should I upgrade from Mavericks to OS X 10.10 Yosemite? What you need to know before updating to...