We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Putting an End to Wasteful Spending

fourm member

Likes # 0

We all know that government spending is being prioritised to focus on the important stuff.

I'm so pleased to learn that when someone offers to pass me a joint at a party they don't mean a leg of lamb. How have I got to 61 without knowing that?

New Talk to Frank adverts

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

If anyone's that confused their drug problem is much worse than they thought!

But you can however get on a pleasing high from a hot chilli wrap...

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

I did notice: "Comments are disabled for this video"

Shame that, would have been interesting to see what those who weren't rendered speechless had to say.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I don't want to 'waste' my 1 gb stash of Mobile Broadband allowance ... so I cannot make a [coherant] contribution to this post ... 'Youtube' is an 'addiction' I cannot afford.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

Sorry. Thoughtless of me.

Here's the Home Office press release describing the adverts.

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

You have obviously not read your Daily Wail well enough.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Thanks, fm. As someone who has never dabbled into drugs [apart from the prescribed ones I have 'been on' for many years], this appears to be a useful campaign which will help some young people from trying out potentially harmful substances.

Like this post
fourm member

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

I think you need to see the videos to understand just how stupid and misdirected they are.

The 17% of 11-15 year olds who have tried drugs at least once are very hard to reach and these adverts won't do it. That makes them an enormous waste of money.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

fm, I will have a look at the vids on other people's computers. I do not doubt what you are saying ... and you could be right.

I do not have much contact with young people, day to day, so can only view this subject from a distance.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

Having watched the most peculiar advert, I thought maybe the website would make more sense. There I found a complete a-z of drugs, common names, use and effects, how long in body, etc etc. I'm not sure how I feel about that sort of availability of knowledge, it's almost like a user manual (excuse the unintentional pun)

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best January sales 2015 UK tech deals LIVE: Best New Year bargains and savings on phones, tablets,...

IDG UK Sites

Chromebooks: ready for the prime time (but not for everybody)

IDG UK Sites

Best Photoshop Tutorials 2014: 10 inspiring step-by-step guides to creating amazing art,...

IDG UK Sites

Mac tips tricks & hacks: 10 things you didn't know your Mac could do