We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

argos

conrail

Likes # 0

Has anyone else noticed that no matter what you want from Argos, whether instore or online, everything has the following note:

Please note that this product is excluded from our 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.

Is anything covered by their 30 day money back guarantee?

Like this post
woodchip

Likes # 0

You can get your money back for Severn days if you are not satisfied with what you bought

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

No you can't unless it is an advertised term of contract. I think you are misunderstanding the law. The 7 days applies under the Distance Selling Regulations and only applies to items purchased online or by mail order where you are unable to ascertain the quality, suitability or otherwise of the product. Purchase in a shop does not have this right by law as you have the opportunity to examine it before purchase.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I do believe that Argos stopped the '30 day money back guarantee' at one point, but have since reintroduced it, possibly by public demand, hence changes to some of the terms and conditions.

Perhaps that what as already been pointed out. People using the items for special occasions, then returning them for a full refund. With the item then being returned to the original supplier/manufacturer or the on-line Argos Outlet via eBay?.

Personally, I have had some recent problems with deliveries via Argos Outlet. Provided with a tracking number for Yodel, which Yodel didn't accept. Then told to try Royal Mail, which again the tracking number was refused. Parcel was then in the system for a week (and complaint) before a re-direction eventually got the item delivered. another item delivered by Yodel and was left over a gate, and in the rain as a 'SafePlace'!.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

Hi Spuds

Yes Argos do have a 30 day return policy but is is a voluntary one and not statutory so they can vary the terms as they see fit so long as they are available at the time of purchase.

Yodel are an absolute joke as other threads on this and other forums will confirm. I specifically now state on any order that delivery by Yodel is not acceptable and that if the supplier does not accept my terms of purchase the order must be cancelled.

Like this post
HondaMan

Likes # 0

I think it mainly applies to items like computers and such where to access the thing you have to enter a name or something thus personalising the item to you.

Like this post
alanrwood

Likes # 0

It also applies to anything that involves personal hygiene where it is possible to pass over some disease or such.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

45 Best Android games: top Android games for your smartphone or tablet in 2014 (24 are free!)

IDG UK Sites

How Apple, Adobe, Microsoft and others have let us down over UltraHD and hiDPI screens

IDG UK Sites

Do you have the X-Factor too? Mix Off app puts fans in the frame

IDG UK Sites

iPad Pro release date, rumours and leaked images - 12.9 screen 'coming in 2015'