We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Whats in a label or badge?

SparkyJack

Likes # 0

These forum are frequently asked ad vvse which computer to buy. When I comes across such a query, I point out for given specification, starting with a given processor with 2 main suppliers with a third creeping in[ARM]the other components having to match the processor then others [screens]are supplied by comparative few manufacturers, so it goes on until the buyer is doe wn to having to choose which colour thea case or the badge on the case.

This was proven to me I believe to be true, when having decided to purchase a steam cleaner . Hving done my research, Earlex' seemed to be a well regarded brand.. I So a search of Amazon revealed the selected model i made my purchase. It delivered promptly and on examination measured up to the specification and illustration -except for two counts- the colour and name.

Instead of being yellow it is a lustrous chromatic red and the name on the side is EWBANK-.

They make carpet sweepers don't they?

I blamethe Chinese

Like this post
Picklefactory

Likes # 0

There's also the fact that many UK companies are beginning to track the quality cost of manufacturing in these countries. The company I work for has a manufacturing plant in both India and China, and we are now fully tracking the regular and continuing cost of the poor quality we see from them both. When I talk to many of our suppliers, who also manufacture out there, they are saying exactly the same and seeing exactly the same issues. Part of the problem is the still booming domestic markets in India and China, keeping trained staff is very difficult as they have so many opportunities to walk down the road to another job for more money, the staff turnover is huge.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features