We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Signs of the time?

SillBill
Resolved

Likes # 0

Seen in Local Chinese Takeaway - "Closed for Chinese New Year-Open in 2 months".

And we think a long weekend is great!!

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

How old is Jackie Chan these days? I seem to remember him in pictures from when I was in Singapore in the 60's. Maybe I am getting mixed up with someone else though, P'raps it was his dad?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Jackie Chan was born in 1954 so he is 58, and has been in films since the 60's although he didn't really do much until the 70's

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

SillBill. Thanks for that, It must have been him showing at the local cinema in Serangoon Gardens then. I never ever went to watch him but the locals loved his pictures back then. I suppose he must have moved from China to Hollywood.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

You mean Hollywu.

I believe he arranges all the fight choreography for much of the current crop of oriental themed movies.

Like this post  
finerty

Likes # 0

ok you bitish better watch out, you little red white and blue flies

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

maybe its a good thing since many high stores are closing down for good, hence the econy cant afford to keep people on here in the UK blame it on market forces or the chinese but its a uk problem and always a uk problem

Like this post
finerty

Likes # 0

at least there are some great films from the chineses compared to the usual bitish thugery

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

The Chinese studios don't make violent films...?

They make some of the worlds most violent films, they love extreme violence, so violent that our sensors won't pass it for us to view!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

My local little Chinese Takeaway - The Happy House - has been open for business for the last 30 years ... it's next door to a Marios Fish 'n' Chip Shop. During the daytime hours, the chip shop caters mainly for the school children on their dinner break, but after 4-5pm the 'Chinky' kicks in and attracts another readily available different hungry clientele ... me included.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Does it sell honeycomb tripe?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Swatch to release its own line of smartwatches to rival iWatch

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

Miranda July's Somebody app offers a very unusual take on messaging

IDG UK Sites

The 7 most ridiculous iPhone 6 rumours: what Apple WON'T reveal on 9 September