We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Dolphin rescue underwater

rdave13
Resolved

Likes # 0

A fascinating article this morning on Breakfast news, http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21176914

It looks as the dolphin was asking for help.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

rdave13

I saw this on this morning's news. What a great moment for those involved, and an indictment of man's pollution - the plastic and old nets around in the sea is horrible.

The report quite cheered me up, and as an ex diver I would love to have had such a wonderful experience.

Like this post
johndrew

Likes # 0

It was an extraordinary thing to happen and shows the thought process and trust placed by the animal in a human. Perhaps it is as well that all animals are not as trusting in all humans though.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

This story reminds me of "Androcles and the Lion" ... an Aesop's fable or a biblical tale / parable, where Andy pulls out a big thorn from the big cat's paw ... and ends up getting 'licked to death' in appreciation.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

I was going to green tick fourm member's comment about an expert's view about dolphins either pushing humans towards the shore or out to sea.

Perfectly reasonable thinking but the post seems to have been silver moused for some reason.

Either that or I'm losing the plot?

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It wasn't silver-moused, and you're not losing the plot, there was an admin glitch.

All is now well.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

rdave13, all of fm's posts have disappeared from forums. Some sort of pca glitch. fm is now called 'New FM' here's old profile - make of it what you will.. an explanation of sorts on page 10 EU In/Out Posted Today at 11:26AM

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forum Editor, thanks for the reply. I have been away for a few days so just catching up. If FM would like to re-post I would like to green tick it.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

I have also been away - hence the delay in my resolving the problem.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

lotvic ,thanks for a better explanation.

I go away for a few days and glitches happen.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"I go away for a few days and glitches happen."

That's what I've been saying, but in this case I have nobody to blame - it may have been my own fault. In any event, it - like your thread - is now resolved.

Like this post  

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Where to buy iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus in the UK: Launch day price, deals and contracts

IDG UK Sites

Is Apple losing confidence in itself?

IDG UK Sites

Professional photo and video techniques for perfect colours

IDG UK Sites

How (and where) to buy an iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus in the UK. Plus: What to do if you pre-ordered...