We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Is there a growing hate the Mail newspaper cult

bumpkin

Likes # 0

Being a relative newcomer to Speakers Corner and having now read many of the posts I am surprised at the number of negative remarks regarding the Mail newspaper and it's staff. I invite those who feel that way to give their reasons.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

forum member You clearly study the on line version more than I do. I only read the paper version, with a selective approach. I think it is far less sexist than the on line version that I have only read after your remarks.

I will bang on no longer, as we have differing views,and I respect yours, whilst not wholly sharing them.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 1

The Daily Mail is obviously more intellectual than the other popular daily papers. Like jb I read it for the puzzles and the questions section. I also like the section where it tries to re-unite people who have lost touch over the years.

I admit that I myself am not the brainiest of readers, but I have never read anything in it which has offended me in any way. I haven't looked at the on line version so had no idea it contained lurid pictures of women etc. (Being a bit of a silly old sod I might now have a look at it). This will of course put me in to the group you all so despise, the idiot group. Ah well we can't all be perfect!

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

bing.alau - there's a song by Neil Innes called " How Sweet To Be An Idiot " ... So don't be so dismayed ;0]

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

I went to see a live band of musicians called 'The Idiot Bastards' two months ago in Glasgow.Phil Jupitus, Roland Rivron, Ade Edmondson and Neil Innes ... it was great! The strange thing was that the local newspaper The Scottish Sunday Mail did not print the gig because of the word BASTARD in the title if the band. How silly is that?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

if = of

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date, price and specs 2014

IDG UK Sites

iOS 8 features wishlist: the changes iPhone and iPad users want in Apple's iOS 8

IDG UK Sites

25 Years of the World Wide Web: Happy Birthday, Intenet

IDG UK Sites

Developers get access to more Sony camera features