We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

3rd in line to the throne in Afghanistan

SillBill
Resolved

Likes # 0

Just curious, does Prince Harry have Royal Protection Officers with him while on active duty and if so, would they be masquerading as soldiers or officers and wearing khaki? like I said, just curious.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Try as I might, I just can't see a couple of "heavies" wandering around Camp Bastion in Savile Row suits and wearing shoulder holsters!

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Harry had members of the Met Police Royal Protection Branch with him in Afghanistan. Telegraph see next to last para.

In the past I've met a Royal Protection Officer (just one for that Royal) and he didn't look like a "heavy".

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

" Like other members of his immediate family, Prince Harry is always accompanied by officers from SO14, the Metropolitan Police Royal Protection Branch.

However, in Camp Bastion the small detail assigned to him had a lighter touch than usual, and when the prince was “outside the wire” flying on missions, they remained at the base"

Wearing fatigues or Savile Row suits!?

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

They're not James Bond like. Definitely fatigues.

Like this post  
SillBill

Likes # 0

OIC blending in, like! lol

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: Great if you like big, expensive phones

IDG UK Sites

Why Sony's PS4 2.0 update is every gamer's dream (well, mine at least)

IDG UK Sites

This Grolsch ad combines stop-motion & CG for majestic results

IDG UK Sites

Apple rumours and predictions for 2015: What to expect from Apple in 2015