We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Soon we may be solving problems with meat printers.

Forum Editor
Resolved

Likes # 0

If a new technology gets up and running shops may one day be offering succulent burgers that have been printed.

It's a short step from commercial printing to home printing, so you never know - we might have to start a new food-printing help forum.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

If they come from stem cells - will that make them suitable for vegetarians ?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Depends on wether or not you reason to be vegetarian is a purely an animal life right thing.

Like this post
robgf

Likes # 0

I like the last line in the article:

"So in the future, more cows may be able to roam the fields without having to fear the slaughterhouse."

Having tea perhaps? Or thinking about their next holiday.

Like this post
lotvic

Likes # 0

robgf, yes lol, It never ceases to amaze me that news reporters don't know the difference between Beef Cattle and Dairy Cattle.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Don't eat anything printed from the Soylent Green cartridge.

Like this post
X7-250

Likes # 0

they must of bought my old printer off ebay and tweaked it, i got fed up with the jams it kept creating.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Recently saw a huge printer in a posh school with Bob Marley written on it. I asked why and was told because it's always jamming, glad to see someone had a sense of humour.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

The obvious jokey aspect of this aside, there is a serious attempt here to push the boundaries of technology further. Printing solid objects has become commonplace - you can now order an electric guitar that will be printed for you in your chosen colour combination for instance.

Printing food has intriguing possibilities, and should the technology mature in time it might revolutionise the lives of people who live and work in isolated locations - polar research stations for instance.

Like this post
Kennethlang

Likes # 0

it is really a funny thing, who knows the future, maybe it will come true someday.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

"...printing food has intriguing possibilities, and should the technology mature in time it might revolutionise the lives of people who live and work in isolated locations - polar research stations for instance."

The future potential successful colonization of the planet Mars might be achieved by 'way out' [wacky] technological developments like this one and others.

PS. Square [slice] sausage [A4 or letter size] would be a good template to use.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Black Friday 2014 tech deals UK: Get bargains on phones, tablets, laptops and more this Black...

IDG UK Sites

Tomorrow's World today (or next year)

IDG UK Sites

25 iOS apps turn (Red) for World AIDS Day campaign

IDG UK Sites

Advanced tips for Mac OS X Yosemite: use Yosemite like an expert - 5 new tips added