We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

It must be Sunday again (is this a repeat?)

Resolved

Likes # 0

A minute or so ago I asked if anyone else was having a problem with accessing My Posts but it didn't publish. That post was made on IE10 and this one on Firefox 19. Sorry if it is a double posting but the question remains - is it me with a problem of access or is it my machine?

Like this post

Likes # 0

Don't have any problems loading page or posting , just no names . perhaps I should sign in as W.H.Oami ! NickF

Like this post

Likes # 0

The PCA 'niggles', gives me a chance to do my dirty dishes on sunday mornings ... regular as clockwork ... with Desert Island discs on ... in the background ;o]

Like this post

Likes # 0

Snowed under with traffic overwhelming servers.

Seems appropriate at this time.

Like this post

Likes # 0

I said in another post, that the browsers were okay, it was just a case of no username appearing. Just tried 'My Posts', and the same as last Sunday, a 404 error message.

One thing that I cannot understand (Its a question and not a moan), is how there are service logs, records and reports, an extensive team of listed web developer's, and at the same time the same or similar faults and issues seem to reoccur. Surely there must be a pattern forming as to how and why these same/similar problems and issues are happening and being noted?.

Posted by spuds.

Like this post

Likes # 0

spuds

You may well have verbalised exactly what many others are/have been thinking. Many have commented at various times on problems experienced on this site with no apparent long term solution being applied.

I have said, and still feel, that for a site with the banner "Expert advice you can trust" it does little to convey confidence in any newcomer or inexperienced user.

Johndrew

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Hey, I've broken the spell. My handle just came up on a post. Maybe it will do so on this one two (that makes three I know).

But just in case Bing.alau

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

My handle just appeared in another post so I may have broken the spell. Bing.alau

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Sorry for double post but the first one took ages to appear. But it confirms that somebody is getting overtime by working on Sunday and has fixed it.

Like this post
N47.

Likes # 0

"I visit several forums and this is the only one with constant issues, the rest just --- work!"

Fully agree. Not a good advert for the mag.

N47.

Like this post

Likes # 0

As of 1 minute ago I was still anonymous on the Win8 Help page, be interesting to see if I show up on this post - sadly My Posts still not working. chub_tor

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Best Christmas 2014 UK tech deals, Boxing Day 2014 UK tech deals & January sales 2015 UK tech...

IDG UK Sites

LED vs Halogen: Why now could be the right time to invest in LED bulbs

IDG UK Sites

Christmas' best ads: See great festive spots studios have created to promote themselves and clients

IDG UK Sites

Why Apple shouldn't be blamed for exploitation in China and Indonesia