We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Brunas's ID Longshots...

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

You don't half seem to be in a bit of a race to reach No1000 of a late Brumbob, what with 8 longshot postings this week.

Or is it just that everyone (but not me) is so much better at solving them now?

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

john bunyan

Especially when you could go out and get a right good drink and buy a fish supper on the way back and still have half a crown left out of your 10/6p

Well I remember when I joined the Salvation Army I never got a penny.Maybe the odd cup of hot peas and vinegar if I was good.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Can't win, too many Royals on parade ;o}

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Jock1e, lol. You've mixed your 'p' and 'd'. Still - you were generous to join the Salvation Army.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Brumas, you're not supposed to win as you're the ID Longshots master and referee. :)

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

rdave13 Hmphh, yes, must remember my position!!

Like this post

Likes # 0

Aitchbee. I enjoyed the song and my eyes went all misty at the sight of all those sweeties. Especially the Cinder Toffee. So thanks for that. You can still buy all the items pictured by the way. I used to stock them in my shop and often changed things which I got from the wholesalers to keep the punters happy. They used to say they could always rely on me having something different to buy with their bawbees.

I love reminiscing... Talking about the Sally-Ann they have always been one of my favourite charities. I remember how they were always turning up with a cuppa when you least expected them and needed it. Such as in the middle of the Malayan jungle. So I always give when I see them on the streets and when I had the pub I used to walk around with the young ladies collecting and flogging the War Cry, just so they got no bad mouthing from customers.

Now I am going back to the site of the song from Aitchbee to listen to a couple of others.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

That last post was by me Bing.alau but of course we can normally tell who has posted by the content. Bing.alau

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Jock 1e I fully endorse Bingalau's comments re the Salvation Army. A really good organisation and thanks to you and all its soldiers for what they do.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Android One vs Android Silver vs Google Nexus: What is the difference?

IDG UK Sites

Apple updates MacBook Pro line-up: Price cuts & spec boosts for 6 MacBook Pro models

IDG UK Sites

Long live the internet fridge: the Internet of Things is coming

IDG UK Sites

How Prometheus' colourist Juan Ignacio Cabrera gave a tense, edgy feel to Chosen