We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Brunas's ID Longshots...

Quickbeam

Likes # 0

You don't half seem to be in a bit of a race to reach No1000 of a late Brumbob, what with 8 longshot postings this week.

Or is it just that everyone (but not me) is so much better at solving them now?

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Quackbeam I think the latter statement best sums it up. I really don't mind, it keeps me and lots of you amused so I just 'carry on regardless'

Reaching 1000 of course will be quite something, I am expecting an inclusion in the New Year's Honours List and naturally the freedom of PCA Towers ;o}}

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'm hurt...

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

No doubt Brumas will be giving away a large prize for whoever gets the 1000 one correct.

1st one last night I got because I had made a delivery there about 12 years ago and remembered it.

The curling one which I thought was going to be hard was found almost immediately as well all depends what you type into Google.

Curling played a lot in Scotland so if you typed Curling Scotland and looked at the photos it was in there.

All depends how the brain works on the night.

The Spalding one I never got and I have been to Spalding quite a few times.

So get the old brain sells working and remember it is what you type into Google that helps the most.

And a big Thanks to Brumas for keeping us entertained on Friday nights.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I don't do much more than to see if I think I've been there before, think about what date it looks like, what time of the year it is and if there's any streetwise dogs skulking around on the street corners!

Should I be doing more?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...in fact looking at my response to 818, it's my interest in in the lively street scenes of the post war period that makes me look at them.

It's the same reason that all the old Ealing films like Passport to Pimlico and the like appeal to me, they're just within my rose tinted childhood memories of living in Bromley:)

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

... I look first for telephone poles ... Scotland - pole in back gardens at back of dwellings; England - pole on roads at front of dwellings. My system has served me well ... as I have managed to get one right in the past 5 years ;0]

ps. if no P.O. poles then I leave it to the 'experts'.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

Who is the person in your heading (Brunas)? My first contact with a Brumas was when I used to visit London Zoo just post war, when a baby(female) Polar bear was born in Nov 1949! "Our" Brumas is, I suspect, a lusty male, who is much appreciated by all of us in stirring up brain cells in need of such stimulation on a Friday. Thanks very much and I hope FE thinks of a suitable reward for your 1000th. Like you, Quickbeam, I look with nostalgia at the '50's and even the '40's.Hope a dog appears soon!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I think that a replica PCA golden mouse of office would be very fitting for his millennialth quiz posting...

Like this post
Macscouse

Likes # 0

Let's not forget the owner of the postcards. Thanks Fran for letting your other half play with your postcard collection.

Like this post
Brumas

Likes # 0

Macscouse, sniveling creep ;o}}

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014