We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Snow (well someone had to mention it)

Blackhat

Likes # 0

Anyone badly effected?

South Birmingham here, many side roads impassable and main roads now starting to gridlock.

What I find most stupid is that although many schools were closed, quite a few opened and in the last hour announced closures and requested parents to collect their kids. With most local schools on side roads I expect mayhem. It was very clear from warnings yesterday that our area would gradually deteriorate during the day so why allow schools to open, take in kids and then an hour later declare closure?

Like this post
Blackhat

Likes # 1

South Birmingham, 3-4 inches overnight.

Fun in my local park.

Photo

Photo

Photo

Photo

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Great photos, Blackhat ... all 4 are winners.

Like this post
mart7

Likes # 0

excellent lovely photos

Like this post
Kevscar1

Likes # 0

It's good that we should get a visual reminder of just what Global Warming means

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

I cant remember my school ever closing for snow - mollycoddled teachers!

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Bet some parents would rather leave them there fore the weekend :0)

Like this post
Grey Goo

Likes # 0

Started in not so sunny Orpington at 08.30,very fine stuff still less than 1cm deep.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

School closures are often due to the fact that the staff cannot get there to look after the children. Many of the staff commute some distance nowadays. Those who remember the "good old days" probably had teachers that also walked to to school from a relatively short distance.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Non here in South Yorks, you can keep it west of the Pennines for me!

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Bad in North Wales, had the day off as the factory closed at 9am. Son travelling up from London and struggling with the conditions.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Leaked 'Windows 9' screenshots showcase all-new Start menu

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Why the BBC iPlayer outage was caused by a DDoS attack: Topsy and Tim isn't *that* popular

IDG UK Sites

How to make an 'Apple iWatch' using an iPod nano and a 3D printer