We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best Foot Forward

flycatcher1

Likes # 0

FE We all hope that you are now able to put your Best Foot Forward.

I have often put my foot in it, so I am told, but I have never required Hospital treatment - yet.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Thank you for asking.

Four screws now removed from the foot, and apparently all has healed as it should. I have two new wounds, and must wear the air-boot for another two weeks. Then the stitches come out, and I will be signed off. I'm told I'll be walking properly in three weeks, albeit with a slight limp. The limp may hang around for a few months, but then I'll be back where I was last September, when the accident happened.

If anyone is remotely interested this is what happened

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Looks complicated! How did you do it?

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

"Lisfranc joint fracture–dislocations and sprains can be caused by high-energy forces in motor vehicle crashes, industrial accidents and falls from high places."

So which one was it FE? Are you an Extreme Sports nut?

Like this post
alB*

Likes # 0

"I'll be back where I was last September, when the accident happened" ...If I where you, I wouldn't go back there again...wherever it was !! ...alB

Like this post
caccy

Likes # 0

F.E. Pictures nearly put me off my lovely warming stew that I'm just about to eat!

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

Lots pf big words but I suppose it all boils down to the fact that you broke some bones in your foot :o(

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

Flak999

Looks complicated! How did you do it?

Imagine the trunk of a small oak tree, about three metres long and a foot in diameter. It's in my garden on a pair of wooden X trestles about three feet high, and I'm sawing it into 18" sections to split into logs for burning.

As I sawed away,one of the trestles was quietly coming apart, and suddenly collapsed, dumping one end of the tree trunk onto my left foot, crushing it.

I ended up with some broken and dislocated bones, and a foot that rapidly became very swollen. I was in hospital for eight days while the swelling was reduced, so they could operate and insert four screws to hold everything in place so the foot could heal.Six weeks in a plaster cast and crutches, followed by another six weeks in a plastic air boot up to the knee.

Screws now removed, airboot for a further two weeks, and if all goes well I'll be walking unaided again by first week in February.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Forum Editor , don't blame yourself. No one would actually stop and check the tools were safe to use before using them. A human failing. The penalty for not doing it was very painful no doubt.

Hope you're back to normal faster than forecasted.

Like this post
Flak999

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Ouch!

You could have been doing that job a hundred times and the stump would have missed your foot when the trestle broke! I always think that fate is a strange thing, some people play the lottery where the chances are fourteen million to one against you winning the jackpot.

Much the same odds as a person being struck by lightning, one toss of the coin and heads your a rich man, another toss and it's tails and your burnt to a crisp!

It's a funny old world! (hope your on the mend very soon!)

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

Ouch,hope all is well soon.

I've dropped all manner of large heavy objects on my feet over the years & have never done any more damage than severe bruising.I did once manage a sprained ankle from kneeling in an armchair watching out the window one night trying to catch the culprit who kept vandalising my car,when after kneeling for several hours I got up only to discover I'd "pins & needles" in both legs and turned an ankle as soon as I tried to walk.That took months to cease hurting when walking.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Amazon 3D smartphone release date, price and spec: The hologram phone?

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 5s review: why the iPhone 5s is still the best phone you can buy in 2014

IDG UK Sites

Passwords don't work: here's four ways to fix them

IDG UK Sites

The art of rebranding: Creative agency The Neighbourhood explains how & why it rebranded