We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Best Foot Forward

flycatcher1

Likes # 0

FE We all hope that you are now able to put your Best Foot Forward.

I have often put my foot in it, so I am told, but I have never required Hospital treatment - yet.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

So not caused by caused by "high-energy forces in motor vehicle crashes, industrial accidents and falls from high places." I am very disappointed; I thought it would be something much more exotic such as losing concentration as you abseiled down the mountains of Peru while sending replies to the Forum on your iPad..... but glad that you are back on two feet and that you are not Limpalong Leslie for too long.

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "sawbones".

Like this post
Fruit Bat /\0/\

Likes # 0

Well at least you got to sit in front of that wood burner you were bust cutting fuel for :0)

feet up - best to stay off them with the weather the way it is.

glad your on the mend.

Like this post
flycatcher1

Likes # 0

FE Glad that you are on the mend.

Still housebound ? Hope that the polite words are lasting out.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

"Still housebound ? Hope that the polite words are lasting out."

I can walk a little, but not very far, so most of the load has fallen on my wife over the period. She's done all the fetching and carrying, aided by the children, and I've been well looked after.

Nevertheless, I have a feeling I'll hear a faint cheer as I drive away from the house for the first time,once I'm fully mobile again.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

FE - had a similar type crush accident (both arms) 27 years ago. It was an industrial accident. I get a small pension for that accident at work ... I sincerely hope your unfortunate accident was covered by adequate personal insurance.

My accident and your accident [and thousands of accidents waiting to happen] probably could have been avoided by simple precautions ... c'est la vie!

Like this post

Likes # 0

Aitchbee and FE , at least you managed to avoid being a stastistic of the Darwin awards !

Like this post

Likes # 0

Reading this post, reminded me of the days when 'Totectors' came into fashion, and the stout leather and hobnailed (the virtually hand made) boots went out of fashion in some heavy work industries.

Bought my first pair of 'Totectors', and eventually managed to drop a 2cwt manganese iron block on my foot (never happened before I began to use safety boots), with the end results that the block slipped off the steel toe protector cover towards the foot and ankle region. I think at the time, I was more concerned about ruining a pair of expensive boots, and having to drain blood out of the boot. Anyway, a case of going to the local A&E,a fairly long wait, a bit of pulling and prodding, a crepe bandage and told to take a day off work, and go back in a weeks time.

Goes to show how medical science, procedures and names have improved since that day?.

Posted by spuds.

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

spuds

"Goes to show how medical science, procedures and names have improved since that day?."

I was wearing boots with a steel toecap, but the edge of the tree trunk fell onto the top of my foot near my ankle - the toecap was of no use.

The injury (A Lisfranc displacement fracture) was named after Jacques Lisfranc de St. Martin, who was a French army field surgeon. He first described the injury in 1815, after he saw repeated instances of it in cavalry officers who had caught a foot in a stirrup when being thrown from their horse in battle.

I can vouch for the fact that it's incredibly painful. I tried to walk around on mine for a couple of days before going to hospital.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 10 launch event as it happened: Read our Windows 10 launch live blog - find out first as...

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 and the death of the OS as a must-have product

IDG UK Sites

Video trends: 4K is here – HDR video, VR and 3D audio is coming

IDG UK Sites

Best iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus deals: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus tariffs, contracts and prices UK