We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lottery ticket price rise.

robgf

Likes # 0

Lottery tickets are to jump to £2 per ticket in November.

Lottery price rise

Will you still play???

I have one lucky dip each week, but I'm not sure that I want to throw £2 away, particulary as I can't remember the last time I got 3 numbers.

The prize for three numbers will rise to £25, but most of the other prizes are dropping in value.

What suprised me was that "800 players match five numbers or five plus the bonus", that's not very many, shows what a long shot it is.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

If it's true, and it probably is, then the Irish Lottery will benefit, 'cos I for one will switch!

Like this post
Mr Mistoffelees

Likes # 0

The Daily Mail says: "Online players were emailed today and informed of 'exciting changes' to the way they play with 'even more ways to win money'."

Are they sure about that? I've been playing online for years and received no such email.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

And so will the boookies ... by a higher footfall rate!

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

Mr Mistoffelees

I, too, play online, and am still waiting for my notification.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I only buy lucky dips when I remember online. So should I win, they will tell me (and you won't be hearing from me again).

I imagine that a lot of addicts, the ones we see buying 20 quids worth at a time, that know all their numbers by heart, will have a very real problem financially.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

What they should have done was to put it up to £1.50 after 10 years and so on. A 100% hike is a bit of a shocker for any purchase.

Like this post
hssutton

Likes # 0

I've never done the lottery, but my wife does, but I will strongly suggest she does not continue when the cost increases. At the moment she spends £3 on Saturday and £3 on the Wednesday.

I think we fall into the same category as Forum Member play to speculate about what to do with the winnings Winning £25 is certainly not what my wife does the lottery for.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

When I did the lottery I was doing £4 on Wednesday and on Saturday, and only ever won a tenner on a very few occasions.

I decided I was spending too much for no return so decided to top up my Premium Bonds instead. At least you don't lose your stake and can get it back when you need to. I now have the maximum and last year got a 2% return as prizes, better than most savings accounts. This year has started of well and I've already got 4 x £25 prizes from the January draw.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

They get £3 a week from for their Saturday draw and it looks like I will be £3 a week better off from November.

Mind you I would probably get better odds from the bookies on whether I will still be here in November or not.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Jock1e - why, where are you going to?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Google Fit vs Apple Health Kit: What's the difference?

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's OS X Beta Seed Program: Get OS X Yosemite on your Mac before public release

IDG UK Sites

Introducing generation tech

IDG UK Sites

Government kills £50 million 'Silicon Roundabout' regeneration fund