We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lottery ticket price rise.

robgf

Likes # 0

Lottery tickets are to jump to £2 per ticket in November.

Lottery price rise

Will you still play???

I have one lucky dip each week, but I'm not sure that I want to throw £2 away, particulary as I can't remember the last time I got 3 numbers.

The prize for three numbers will rise to £25, but most of the other prizes are dropping in value.

What suprised me was that "800 players match five numbers or five plus the bonus", that's not very many, shows what a long shot it is.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

At least I am very pleased to state, that I support all the winners by my weekly contributions :O(

Buy the Lotto and Euro lucky dip tickets, store in the draw, then check once every so often, with the usual results, a very very rare win of of very low figures, usually 2 balls. Just like our premium bonds, which we have held since they started. Not one jot of a win.

Got to keep supporting the cause I suppose?.

Like this post
Chegs ®™

Likes # 0

I can honestly say I have never ever bought a lottery ticket,I choose my numbers every week though & have never been disappointed because my numbers have come up.My partner buys a euro-lottery ticket when there's a rollover,and were she ever to win the top prize I've already chosen my yacht/house/car(choices which have varied over the years as newer models of car etc become available)Dreaming costs nothing,even if the price of a ticket multiplied many times.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Chegs, that's a serious case of looking to see what you could've won. Great, smashing super!

Like this post
wee eddie

Likes # 0

Well, they certain;ly had to bite the bullet at some time. The cost of processing each entry will have risen considerably since inception but the Retailer is still getting the same Fee.

By Cost, I mean the Cost of a Member of Staff operating the Transaction/Terminal at roughly 15p per minute.

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

I used to play both the UK and Euro lotteries, varying amounts from £1 to £5 depending on my weekly cash-flows, last Summer I decided to only play the UK lottery usually spending about £5 a week.

A few months ago I did manage to hit 5 numbers which gave me a nice little win of just under two and a half thousand pounds (the 6th number would have handed my £4.4 Million !!!), after also having numerous small wins £10 - £69 ....... I only ever use Lucky Dip!

Still keeping my fingers crossed!

At least I won't go cold this Winter....

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Like this post
Nontek

Likes # 0

Quickbeam

Precisely why I only ever use LD!

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Ditto, you can go on holiday and forget to buy one and not be paranoid over what you could've won!

Like this post
Jameslayer

Likes # 0

When it rises to £2 I will be reducing the number of lines I do so I spend the same amount. At the moment I spend £6 a week which is around about 2 pints. I dont expect to win I just have it on auto reneawl. Infact looking at the cost will make me reconsider if I do it at all.

http://www.national-lottery.co.uk/player/p/lottonews.ftl

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

We've been here before!

Extracted from the Daily Record of 2nd September 2009

"Camelot group spokesman Ben Rosier added: "Our players have told us they want to see big jackpots and even more UK winners. With the new UK Millionaire Raffle, we're giving them both.

"This is about creating more winners. For that extra 50p, players will get an extra benefit - a guaranteed UK millionaire will be created every week - on top of the mega-millions on offer in the main EuroMillions draw.""

Same lame argument for this increase in the National Lottery ticket Price.

Just who are these "lottery players" that Camelot talks to? As Private Eye might say "I think we should be told"

Or are we still living in "Rip-off" Britain?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Netflix to introduce price increase: New subcribers to start with

IDG UK Sites

How to join Apple's new OS X Beta Seed Program: Run pre-release versions of OS X on your Mac

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

See Moo Studios' new animated advert for Blue Moon beer