We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Lottery ticket price rise.

robgf

Likes # 0

Lottery tickets are to jump to £2 per ticket in November.

Lottery price rise

Will you still play???

I have one lucky dip each week, but I'm not sure that I want to throw £2 away, particulary as I can't remember the last time I got 3 numbers.

The prize for three numbers will rise to £25, but most of the other prizes are dropping in value.

What suprised me was that "800 players match five numbers or five plus the bonus", that's not very many, shows what a long shot it is.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Aitchbee

I am not going anywhere I hope but you never know.

Just an age joke.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

If Camelot can pitch / twist the new (improved?) £2 lottery ticket to the ['gullible joe'] public, as a 'buy one get one free offer' ... then, they [Camelot] might be on to a winner ... only if Trading Standards allow it!

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

SillBill

Your post prompted me to look at the Irish Lottery and from what I can see it is even dearer, 4 draws x 2 games = £23 (£2.87 per game), or have I misunderstood something?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

csqwared

You'd need to pick up a Lottery slip from a bookmaker e.g. Ladbrokes to see what is available, the way of playing is not as simple as in the UK Lottery. You can play all kinds of permutations as well as just regular "Picks" and your stake can be anywhere from 1p to £10 per play.Looks more complicated when described but is really very simple.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

csqwared

BTW if you looked it up online you probably saw the address in Ireland for playing, I believe that they are brokers and will charge a fee for playing for you. U.K Bookies seem to offer the best ODDS when playing with them.

Like this post
csqwared

Likes # 0

SillBill

Ta ever so, will investigate.

Like this post
chub_tor

Likes # 0

I have spent £2 per week since it started, same numbers each time and never won more than £10. When they apply the increase that's me finished with the UK lottery, I will use my connections in the USA to invest $2 in the Texas lotto.

Like this post
Ex plorer

Likes # 0

I wont buy a £2 lottery ticket, or £2 scratch card, and my health lottery at still a £1 will be coming to a close soon. That may be expensive as the winnings are a fraction of what used to be on the main Lotto.

Maybe putting the money into premium Bonds is better bet today.

Like this post
Phil Ocifer

Likes # 0

We have been "investing" £1 Wednesday and £1 Saturday Lotto (set numbers) plus £2 Friday Euromillions Lucky Dip.

I'll be suggesting dumping our numbers which we have held since the start (and never won more than £10) and doing 1 x Lotto LD and 1 x Euro LD. Whether that's acceptable with the SO is yet to be discussed.

It will be interesting to see the sales stats - I'm guessing there will be an immediate big drop in the number of Lotto tickets sold as people protest, then it will gradually pick up again and sales will settle to around 85% of what they are now.

I think the value of sales will increase immediately, but only slightly, obviously commensurate with my prediction above, so whoever benefits will win win win. Hopefully not the Opera again. That cost us dear.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Dumping your regular numbers seems to be the worse case scenario to most players in case they suddenly come up.

The answer to that is to play a random line, online, and leave it to them to email you when you win a tenner... don't look your self, you'll get paranoid!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Windows 9 release date, price, features: Microsoft teases new OS ahead of 30 September unveiling

IDG UK Sites

From the iPhone 6 to the iWatch and a new Apple TV we look at the products Apple is set to launch...

IDG UK Sites

September 2014 creative trends: 5 things you must see

IDG UK Sites

What to expect from Apple in autumn/winter 2014: iPhone 6, iPhone Air, iWatch, iPad 6, new Apple...