We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message

Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: How do you use online banking?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

We want to know how you use online banking?

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: How do you use online banking?

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Along with the steady demise of local Post Offices and Banks, there is a new 'pressure' on people who receive benefits, to go online to manage their money. Many people [of a certain age] will be confused, as to how to go about handling their finances on a computer.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I know there was a rumour that they were going to finish off the cheque system, but haven't heard it mentioned recently. My banking is very much like chub_tor's above, but there are times when I have to pay by cheque. But mostly I pay by my debit card. I do not have to walk miles to put the received ones in my account though, my bank is only a few minutes away by car. I can pay bills by direct transfer or lend my son or daughter cash when they need it (providing I have it, and they promise to pay it back). All in all, I am a dedicated on line customer of my bank. Thank God I don't have to do the queuing up I used to do, we always get in the wrong queue don't we? You know... the one that closes when you get to the window....

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

Aitchbee, yes I know 30 and 40 year old's who get confused easily too. As Terry Wogan used to mention often he graduated from the "School for the Bewildered". Probably the same one as me.

Like this post
Aitchbee

Likes # 0

Bing.alau - you are fortunate, many people who are less 'au fait' with the intricacies of 'online banking ' will be completly baffled, especially if they live on their own, without support from relatives.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Lytro Illum release date, price and specs: Light field camera goes 3D

IDG UK Sites

Tim Cook says Apple aims to be best, not first, hinting that iWatch is coming

IDG UK Sites

Twitter - not news

IDG UK Sites

Fun film festival trailer plays with classic movie scenes