We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Poll: How do you use online banking?

PC Advisor

Likes # 0

We want to know how you use online banking?

Let us know in our poll.

Poll: How do you use online banking?

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I access my account using my computer but I also use an ATM to withdraw cash and sometimes call in to do such things as putting in cheques. So the last option seems a bit weird to me as it implies I can't tick that option and click option one, (via my computer). However I have ticked both option one and the last option. Hope I haven't messed up the system.

Like this post
sunnypete

Likes # 0

With extreme care, including an on-screen keyboard to input passwords etc...am I too cautious?...

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

fourm member. Why are you asking your milk man for a handout?

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I embraced online banking as soon as it was available. I couldn't manage without it.

Like this post
Taff™

Likes # 0

Mainly through my laptop online. The only exception is an ATM for cash and the occasional cheque which I have to bank at a High Street Branch but I rarely use the counter, normally an automated paying in machine.

Cheques are a problem to me. Making a special trip to a branch just to pay in an odd cheque is a major hassle. They are usually for less than £50 and it takes me about an hour of my day if I have to make a special trip. Plus of course the cost of travel and the bank charging me for the pleasure! The vast majority of my clients pay online with instant transfers - no waiting for a cheque to clear. It is far less hassle to accept cash for a small job and save a trip to the ATM.

Like this post
rdave13

Likes # 0

Desktop only. Feel it's more secure than using any mobile app.

Like this post
john bunyan

Likes # 0

I am a dinosaur who has yet to adopt on line banking (I know, but if a 12 year old can hack the CIA...). I may switch soon!

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I use one of the remaining local bank branch outlets,ATM machines plus the computer.

But having had a recent bad experience of a debit card payment transaction, in which the company taking the payment, took far more than they should have done, as made me more suspect on the reliability of the systems.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

john bunyan. If I can do it I am sure you can. Saves me an awful lot of trips to the bank. Plus I can keep a closed eye on how the balance is going. I do that at least three times a week sometimes more.

Like this post
diesel

Likes # 0

I use my main computer only. If I want cash then I get cash back from my local store. I pay in cheques at my local bank branch. I have not even considered using a mobile .I never use ATM dispensers.

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...