We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Hellicopter crashes at Vauxhall in London

Jock1e
Resolved

Likes # 0

Helicopter crashes in flames at Vauxhall in London Near the Bus station.

It appears that it hit a Crane on top of a building before falling to the ground in flames.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Some photographs of the scene.

Telegraph Photos

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

It was quite misty in London earlier this morning, I don't know if that had anything to do with this. I know the crash location very well - there's an awful lot of traffic there in the rush hour, and a rail line passes over the road very close to the crash scene. I think a lot of people must have had a lucky escape

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Forum Editor

Reports of heavy mist are most probable cause of the accident even so the Helicopter must have been flying fairly low.

Two reported dead which will probably be the crew and I find it hard to believe that there were so few casualties at that time of Morning in London.

I think your comment [ I think a lot of people must have had a lucky escape ] sums it up for me.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

One eye witness has said he was walking in the area and only avoided being killed by running like hell, may not be his actual words but that is the impression I got from the interview he gave on Sky TV. Let's hope the death toll doesn't go any higher. It seems a miracle to me that the casualty list is so small so far.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

My son was working on the site when it happened (unharmed). Just waiting for his return to get the full story.

Like this post
Woolwell

Likes # 0

Jock1e - Only the pilot in the helo from the reports I have read. It's amazing that the death toll and the number injured isn't higher.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Woolwell

Yes read that it was a passer by that died and another seriously injured.And another 7 with minor injuries.

Like you say it was amazing the death toll or injured was not higher.

The police thought that it may have been one of there helicopters.But after checking there helicopters were still on the ground.

So not sure who it belonged to yet will have a look to see the latest news.

Like this post
Jock1e

Likes # 0

Looks like the crane operator was a lucky man.He got held up taking his kids to school and was a bit late getting to work.

He was halfway up the crane when the helicopter hit it so one lucky man.

Like this post
bumpkin

Likes # 0

Son got with minor cuts and bruises in the panic to get away, said the turnstile broke and people had to climb over it. Happy now he was interviewed and been on ITV News. Health $ Safety? A helicopter can hit a crane and the exit turnstile breaks resulting in death and injury but kids can.t throw snowballs or play conkers

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4 comparison: What's the best Android phablet?

IDG UK Sites

The iPhone is doomed. Doomed to be marginally less successful than a very successful thing.

IDG UK Sites

How to prototype native mobile apps without writing code

IDG UK Sites

How to prepare for and update to OS X Yosemite: Get your Mac ready to download & install Apple's...