We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tesco, Aldi, Lidl Iceland and Dunnes selling horsemeat

Al94
Resolved

Likes # 0

Well at least some of their burgers have contained a percentage http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21034942

I'm sure they tasted ok.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Cadbury's Cresm Eggs and Maids of Honour are of questionable repute too.

Like this post
BT

Likes # 0

As long as they're 'Shergar' free

Anyway you lot its lunch time and so hungry I could eat a horse !!

The problem with those Tescos burgers is they don't last furlong.

Like this post
spuds

Likes # 0

I am not in the least surprised by this report, because even if you look at labels it doesn't always tells you the full truth. That's if you can fully understand the information on the labels in the first place.

A couple of years ago in my area of the country, was a number of prosecutions brought about by processor's and suppliers selling organic food, which turned out to be relabelled, and was not organic as was expected. The same also applied to a conviction on not fit for human consumption with lower grade poultry going into the human feed chain.

Many many years ago, it was once suggested that if a certain type of take-away opened up in an area, and the cat or other animal population went down, then beware as to what you might have been eating!.

I recall last year seeing a couple of television programs, one when Jamie Oliver showed am array of 'raw basic' products that went into some American kid's regular favourite food. The same exercise was done here in the UK by someone else. In both cases, the 'raw basic' products were not accepted as being edible, and were rejected by both audiences?.

Like this post
amonra

Likes # 0

As a Welshman, all I can say is BAAA !

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

I just noticed that Hamburgers is an anagram for Shergar Bum

I think that solves the mystery of where he ended up...

Like this post
wiz-king

Likes # 0

amonra If you have had Baa Burgers you would not want them again, or even lamb mince.

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Sorry but someone had to do it.........

My Lidl Pony?

I was in tescos cafe ordering my food and the waitress asked if I wanted anything on my burger,, so I had a fiver each way!!!

Just been to the fridge to check the burgers from Tesco...and THEY'RE OFF

Blimey those Tesco burgers I had for lunch haven't half given me the trots!

Someone was taken to hospital after eating one of the burgers - they are in a stable condition

I had a Tesco burger about two hours ago and I think I've still got a bit between my teeth

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

LOL

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Pineman love it , lol

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Also , expanding on the fact that hambergers have no ham in them , Whats baby oil made from ???

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

5 reasons not to wait for the Apple Watch: Why you shouldn't buy the iWatch

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

How Emotional Debt is damaging digital design

IDG UK Sites

How to update your iPhone or iPad to iOS 8: including how to install iOS 8 if you don't have room