We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

Tesco, Aldi, Lidl Iceland and Dunnes selling horsemeat

Al94
Resolved

Likes # 0

Well at least some of their burgers have contained a percentage http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21034942

I'm sure they tasted ok.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

That wouldn't be a Daily Mail source would it morddwyd?

I've only read that it's DNA traces. If there are any cases of 29% contamination, I imagine that any legal prosecution would be under the food labelling regs.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

...i.e. Burgers not correctly labelled as beef/equine burgers!

Like this post
morddwyd

Likes # 0

QB

No. BBC News this morning.

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

It looks to me like the producer had found a source of cheap meat based bulking agent, didn't look too closely and bunged it in the value brand products.

I suppose we should be grateful Sweeney Todd wasn't operating in the area

Like this post  
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

I'm still only finding news of DNA traces on the BBC site morddwyd.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Ah, just spotted the change in that link, but it is just one sample.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I quite like the taste of horse meat myself. I pinched some from a meal being prepared for a group of dogs during the war. It seemed to me that the dogs were better fed than we were.

I see the Daily Mail is already taking a beating on here, I wonder why? I shall immediately go out and buy one for their version of the story.

Like this post
Bing.alau

Likes # 0

I've just remembered that I still have a burger purchased from Aldi in my freezer. So that's my lunch problem solved. Aldi's beef burgers are great.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

It must be the extra added equine content that makes them taste better by a nose Bingalau:)

Like this post
Pine Man

Likes # 0

Why should beefburgers contain beef? Hamburgers don't contain ham?

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

Samsung Galaxy S5 mini vs HTC One mini 2 comparison review: Design and price beats additional...

IDG UK Sites

Why local multiplayer gaming is rapidly vanishing: we look at the demise of split-screen and LAN...

IDG UK Sites

Colour-depth not resolution is what will make 4K a success or failure

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Which new iPhone 6 model should I buy?