We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message
Contact Forum Editor

Send an email to our Forum Editor:

PLEASE NOTE: Your name is used only to let the Forum Editor know who sent the message. Both your name and email address will not be used for any other purpose.

Speakers Corner

It's free to register, to post a question or to start / join a discussion

HMV Administration

Al94
Resolved

Likes # 0

Been predicted for a while but looks likely tomorrow http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/c4096aee-5e82-11e2-a771-00144feab49a.html#axzz2Hz53czjx More imminent store closures and job losses.

Like this post
Quickbeam

Likes # 0

Your link requires registration.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

Just listening to this story on 5Live , they recon its going to happen tonight , store managers being told to discount everything ! If you have any HMV gift vouchers , get to a shop now , if you have any late night shopping centres near you .

Like this post
interzone55

Likes # 0

HMV has been in trouble for ages.

They make very little selling DVDs & CDs as they're almost always discounted to match online prices.

Recently they seem to be sticking mostly expensive branded headphones, but once every gullible person has bought a pair of them, what do they sell next, it won't be iPods anymore as the traditional iPod customer now usually has an iPhone

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 0

We will end up with empty high streets as online shopping absorbs all business . That is until the tipping point is reached , when there are not enough people with jobs to buy anything , economy collapses , government collapses , and we become a third world country !

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

nickf

That glass of yours is certainly half full, isn't it?

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

More like half empty!

Like this post
Forum Editor

Likes # 0

SillBill

Errrmm...

I suggest you Google the definition of sarcasm.

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

I think I felt that boot before it hit my nether regions.

Like this post
nickf

Likes # 1

FE , well , as I am an engineer , the glass is twice the size it needs to be ! lol

Like this post
SillBill

Likes # 0

..nd anyway Wikipedia supports MY view!

Like this post

Reply to this topic

This thread has been locked.

IDG UK Sites

iPhone 6 release date, price, specs and new features: Convincing leaked photos show iPhone 6

IDG UK Sites

Gateway to your kingdom: why everybody should check and update their broadband router

IDG UK Sites

Netflix whips up 3D VR viewing room for Oculus Rift during company hack day

IDG UK Sites

Best Mac? Complete Apple Mac buyers guide for 2014